Invisalign: Hassle-Free Teeth Straightening
Braces are fixed oral appliances that correct misaligned teeth and bad bites. The problem with braces is that they can be embarrassing to wear, especially for adults, and they take a long time to work. Because they are cemented to your teeth, braces can be inconvenient. For example, eating with your braces on takes some getting used to, and cleaning teeth that have braces requires extra effort. If you want to enjoy the benefits of braces without the embarrassment and inconvenience, try Invisalign.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a treatment that uses tray aligners to straighten crooked or protruding teeth. It can also correct gapped teeth, overcrowded teeth, overbite, crossbite and open bite. Invisalign aligners can do what traditional braces can do, but without the metal brackets. Instead, the aligners are made of clear thermoplastic material that is nearly “invisible.”
The Invisalign treatment involves five steps:
1. Your dentist determines if Invisalign is right for you. Not all dentists provide Invisalign, so find someone with the right training and experience.
2. Your Invisalign provider creates a digital 3-D image of your teeth to come up with the best treatment plan. During this stage, you can already see how your teeth will change after treatment.
3. You receive a series of custom-made aligners that you should wear all day, except when cleaning your teeth or eating.
4. You change your aligners every two weeks; each aligner brings you closer to the desired result. It is important to see your Invisalign provider occasionally (about every six weeks) to check on progress.
5. You get straight teeth. The length of treatment varies from patient to patient, but it usually takes about a year for adults.
Invisalign is a great way to straighten your teeth without obvious metal braces. New Jersey dentist Dr. Friedman is a certified Invisalign provider. Call 732-352-3903 today to learn more.