How to Prevent Tooth Loss
As soon as you lose your teeth, your life turns into a complete nightmare. You become self-conscious and wary of social gatherings because you fear being ridiculed for your appearance. An incomplete set of teeth also deprives you of proper speech and chewing. Making things much more difficult is the possibility that your remaining teeth will shift to the empty spaces, which may lead to more dental problems. With all of these problems lurking around the corner, the best thing for you to do is to simply prevent tooth loss.
To assist you in keeping your teeth firmly in place, we have outlined a number of tooth loss prevention tips that you may adhere to:
• Brush and floss your teeth regularly. Failing to brush and floss your teeth on a regular basis makes you susceptible to cavities and periodontal disease, which may eventually trigger tooth loss.
• Visit your dentist regularly. Even if you have no dental problems, you should still see your dentist. Aside from checking your teeth and cleaning them, he may also provide you some professional advice on how to further protect them.
• Don’t leave your teeth unprotected whenever you play contact sports. Although a game of basketball or football with your friends sounds like a lot of fun, the physicality that comes with it puts you at serious risk of losing your teeth. Therefore, you should wear a mouth guard before participating in such activities.
• Stick to a nutritional diet. You can prevent tooth decay by eating nutritional foods like fruits, vegetables, and protein-rich meats.
• Refrain from smoking and drinking. Smoking regularly can lead to periodontal disease, while consuming alcoholic drinks, which are acidic, may result in tooth decay.
• Change your toothbrush every three to four months. As your toothbrush ages, it becomes less effective in removing bacteria and bits of food, so you need to continuously replace it.
Your Lincroft dentist offers Preventive Care to keep your smile healthy and beautiful. For more tips in keeping your teeth intact, you may schedule an appointment with Newman Springs Dental Care by calling 732-352-3903 or accomplishing our online form.