Straightening teeth results in a more attractive smile. But you may not feel very attractive during treatment, if you’re wearing metal braces. Fortunately, Invisalign orthodontics may be a good alternative for you.
Unlike braces, which use brackets and wires to correct misaligned teeth, you’ll wear a series of clear plastic aligners to move your teeth into place. The best way to see if treatment with Invisalign is right for you is to schedule a consultation in our Lincroft, NJ office. Call Newman Springs Dental Care at 732-352-3903 today. If you’re a new patient, your consultation is free!
In the meantime, check out five reasons our patients love Invisalign:
- Unobtrusive Appearance – One of the biggest differences between braces and aligners is how they look. The clear aligners fit snugly over your teeth so they won’t stand out at all. Adults especially feel self-conscious showing metal “train tracks” when they smile.
- Comfortable Treatment – Metal hardware rubs against your cheeks and gums, often causing irritation. Most folks find the smooth plastic aligners much easier to wear. In addition, aligners won’t require uncomfortable adjustments like braces.
- No Dietary Restrictions – Many foods have a tendency to get stuck in braces and can even damage them. Because of this, many people just skip those foods during their orthodontic treatment. You will remove aligners for meals, so you can eat anything you want.
- Easy Care – Removing aligners for oral hygiene also makes it a snap to keep your teeth clean. You won’t have to struggle to floss around wires and brackets.
- Speedy Results – Most adults finish Invisalign treatment within 12 months. Conventional braces typically take longer. If you only need to make minor changes to the teeth in the front of your mouth, ask us about Six Month Smiles. These braces often do their work in six months or less. They do have brackets and wires but they are more discreet than other kinds of braces.
To schedule an Invisalign consultation at Newman Springs Dental Care, call 732-352-3903 today.