CPAP machines can be distracting for you and your bed partner. You may be able to avoid using a CPAP altogether with the help of one of our Lincroft oral sleep appliances. Our effective treatment can help you:
- Eliminate your sleep apnea symptoms
- Lessen your risk of serious health consequences
- Feel better, more rested, and more alert
- Put your CPAP in the closet and leave it there
If you’re ready for safe, comfortable, effective sleep apnea treatment, call the experts at Newman Springs Dental Care today at 732-352-3903. New patient exams and consultations are free.
Receive a Proper Sleep Apnea Diagnosis
Left untreated, sleep apnea can lead to all sorts of other health problems. Medical research has linked sleep apnea to a higher risk for heart attacks, strokes, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and even depression. On top of that, sleep apnea can leave you grumpy and feeling lethargic during your workday. Here is how our team can help:
- We’ll perform a sleep apnea screening (possibly during your regular dental cleaning and exam) to see if it seems like your problems could be related to sleep apnea. If so, we’ll refer you to a qualified physician who can prescribe a sleep study for you.
- We can help children as well! If your child snores, grinds their teeth, suffers from asthma, or has allergies, you can ask us or your child’s pediatrician for a referral to a pediatric ENT for a sleep study. Research shows that treating a high-arched palate or teeth crowding as early as possible can help minimize sleep apnea symptoms and therefore long-term health problems.
If you think you, your bed partner, or your child may be suffering from sleep apnea, please check out the following resources, which can be completed in privacy and brought to your appointment:
Reclaim Your Sleep With a Custom Oral Sleep Appliance
If it is determined that you have sleep apnea – caused when your tongue and other tissues relax and block your airway while sleeping – we will create an oral sleep appliance for you. Here is how that will work:
- We will use an intraoral scanner to take digital impressions of your mouth.
- Our lab partner will use these impressions to craft a custom oral sleep appliance for you to wear while you sleep. This dental appliance for sleep apnea will gently move your lower jaw forward just a bit to allow your airway to remain open.
Your sleep appliance, sometimes called a night guard, will help you get the high-quality rest you need and deserve. You’ll wake up feeling refreshed, plus:
- You’ll perform better at work and in every area of your life.
- You won’t have those soft tissues in your throat blocking your airway and causing noisy snoring.
- You and your bed partner will both sleep better without the bother of a CPAP machine.
You’ll also enjoy peace of mind that you’re taking positive steps toward better overall health. Treating sleep apnea reduces the risk of potentially serious health consequences that could lessen your quality of life or even lead to death.
Get one of our Lincroft oral sleep appliances for your sleep apnea. Call us today at 732-352-3903 to schedule your consultation, or schedule an appointment .