Your trusted Lincroft family dentist can give you and your family the healthy smiles you deserve. At Newman Springs Dental Care, Dr. Mitchel Friedman, Dr. Aparna Menon, and our team offer family dentistry services for patients of all ages so you don’t have to waste time driving between specialists.Docton Aparna Menon on your child's first dental visit Read Transcript
One of the things I do tell all my pregnant patients and new mothers is the importance of their child's first visit. They … most of them have this question as to, When is the right time to come to a dentist? I would say the right time would be 1 year of age or within six months of having their first tooth. You want to make sure that you take ... your child goes to the dentist regularly, because it is a strange place to them. It's a place where they see strangers and weird noises, and they have funny stuff all over. It's important that we raise our children to be not fearful adults, like fearing to come to the dentist.
Added: What you can expect from your child's first visit is basically we are singing with them, talking to them, counting teeth with, counting their teeth, and just showing them everything. Showing them what a mirror is, showing them the explorer, which is, as a – we show them as a tooth count – it’s your finger counter, or tooth counter. After their visit they get balloon animals made. We have a treasure chest; if they were good boys and girls, they can go in there, claim their prize. Our kids – I don't think I've had … most of our kids are very happy to come here, and they look forward ... they have stories for us when they come.
Added: We, of course, have TV up. When they lie back, they see the television monitor. They're watching their favorite cartoons. They have headphones, so they don't really have to hear any scary noises. It's important, I do feel as a mother, and as a parent, I think your child's health care is important, and it is very important for us to raise children who are compliant and not fearful dental patients who understand the importance of oral health.
Our family-friendly features include:
- A Convenient Location – We’re near several local schools, including Lincroft Elementary, Saint Leo the Great School, and High Technology High School.
- Extended Hours – We’re open at 7:00 a.m. on Wednesdays and until 7:30 p.m. on Mondays and Thursdays, and we offer Friday and Saturday appointments two times a month.
- Comfortable Treatment – We use technology geared toward comfort and efficiency, including digital X-rays and a CEREC system for same-day dental crowns.
- Soothing Dental Sedation – No family member will feel anxious with our choice of three kinds of sedation.
- Special Treats for Young Patients – Your child will love visiting our “treasure chest” and receiving a balloon animal.
- Savings on Services – You can save up to 60 percent on your family’s diagnostic and preventive care with our comprehensive dental care plan.
To schedule appointments for your family members, call 732-352-3903 today.
We Provide Dental Services for the Whole Family
Whether you need to schedule a routine general dentistry service – like a dental cleaning and dental exam – or a full-mouth reconstruction, we have you covered at Newman Springs Dental Care. Here are just some of the family dentistry treatment options we provide:Dr. Aparna Menon on treating seniors and veterens Read Transcript
At Newman Springs Dental Care, we love having our senior citizens trust us and come to us for their oral health care needs. Our senior population, they have diverse, different needs from what we see in younger people. They were born at a time where what we know about dentistry or oral health care wasn't readily available. They haven't had the resources or the care they need growing up. We usually see patients who've served, veterans who come in and who trust us with us knowing what they need, and trusting us with their care.
I do serve in the Army Reserves. I am a captain in the Army Reserves. That side of my career has given me a better understanding as to the amount of sacrifice that our veterans have done, and how different their needs are now. They don't have too many places that they can go to get that kind of help. It is very important that our patients who served know that we are here for them, and we understand their needs. Most of them are fearful too. I've heard stories where a tooth or teeth were taken out without anesthesia because apparently anesthetic was outside in the sun and just didn't work, and they felt everything. They're fearful about coming, and they have problems trusting us too. So, we are very empathetic. We understand.
I do want to see our, the senior citizens who've done so much, where they're at the phase in their life where their needs are very different from probably a 16-year-old. They've not had regular dental care or they've lost a lot of teeth. We do dentures. We do partials. If they're candidates for implants, those services are offered. It gives me immense pride to be able to serve that population. I can’t be happier.
- Cosmetic Dentistry – Make your smile pop with dental veneers or teeth whitening treatments.
- Restorative Dentistry – Get your oral function back with dental implants, dental crowns, dental bridges, dentures, and more.
- Orthodontics Options – Straighten your crooked teeth fast with Invisalign or Six Month Smiles.
- Oral Surgery – Get rid of problem teeth with tooth removal and replace them with strong dental implants.
Does your child snore, grind their teeth, or suffer from asthma or allergies? We can refer your child to a pediatric ENT or for a sleep study. Recent studies show that it is best to treat a high-arched palate or teeth crowding as early as possible to alleviate the above symptoms, which can cause additional long-term health challenges.
No matter why you’re here, we will review all your options with you so you can make the decisions that are best for your family’s smiles. We’ll also discuss what we are going to do before we begin so you’ll know exactly what to expect during dental treatment.
Call Newman Springs Dental Care at 732-352-3903 for an appointment, or schedule a visit with your family dentist in Lincroft online.