Have you ever canceled a dental appointment at the last minute because thinking about it made you anxious? Do you have trouble falling asleep the night before a visit to the dentist? Cut the stress out by visiting a Lincroft sedation dentist at Newman Springs Dental Care. Dr. Mitchel Friedman, Dr. Aparna Menon, and our entire team provide comfortable, compassionate dental care and can relieve your dental anxiety with sedation dentistry.Dr. Mitchel Friedman on Sedation Dentistry Read Transcript
We have sedation options for everyone, and there's no judgment here, so whatever your needs are, some people are fearful, some people just want to get it all done at one visit, some people have fear of gagging, they have a very sensitive gage reflex, and some people had bad experiences when they were a child. Whatever it is, there are sedation options for those people. I've been certified in providing sedation in the state of New Jersey since 2001, and I'm very proud of that. I have several certifications, and also advanced training, in sedation. It's very safe, and patients really appreciate it. And again, there's no judgment here. If it's something that you feel that you need, and you're healthy enough for it, and if there are any concerns, we do contact your physician to make sure it's the best option for you, then absolutely, it's available for you.
Unlike many dentists, we provide three dental sedation options to put you at ease:
- Inhaled Sedation – This mixture of gas and oxygen, often called laughing gas, will quickly give you a mild euphoric feeling and calm your nerves. Even children can receive it.
- Oral Conscious Dental Sedation – To ensure you arrive fully calm and stay that way throughout your visit, we will provide a prescription medication that you will take before you visit us.
- IV Sedation – This form of dental sedation, the strongest we offer, takes effect almost immediately and produces an almost dreamlike state. You won’t remember much about your procedure.
There’s no need to ever feel nervous at the dentist! Call Newman Springs Dental Care at 732-352-3903 for a stress-free visit. From the moment you arrive, our caring dental team will do everything we can to relax you. We’ll greet you with warm smiles and provide the patient-centered experience you deserve.
Improve Many Aspects of Your Visit With Sedation Dentistry
Whether you receive laughing gas, oral sedation, or IV sedation, we will carefully monitor you during your treatment to provide the most comfortable experience we can. Besides relaxing you, dental sedation options help:
- Control your gag reflex
- Improve patient cooperation
- Speed treatment time
- Leave you with little or no memory of the procedure
- Keep you relaxed during lengthy procedures like a full-mouth reconstruction
Enjoy Peace of Mind When Receiving Dental Care
Our dentists are highly qualified to administer sedation. Dr. Mitchel Friedman, a member of the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology, has been certified to provide sedation in the state of New Jersey since 2001. His professional affiliations include:
- Fellow in the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation
- Member of the New Jersey Dental Association
- Member of the New Jersey Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Master in the Academy of General Dentistry
We understand it’s not a matter of simply “getting over it” when it comes to dental anxiety. That’s why we provide sedation dentistry options to help put you at ease.